Hola everyone , so yesterday it was Makar sankranti I hope you enjoyed til-gud(sesame &jaggery ) and kite flying .So , as I mentioned in my post Indian cuisine and the inherent ayurveda that there are so many old age traditions and dishes that are delicious as well as an Ayurveda remedy .
Sesame and jaggery is an Indian winter delicacy that provides warmth to the body in the colder times and it’s a delicious sweet as well , most importantly you can relish it anytime or can store in containers for even a month.So, this time my mom and I thought of adding a twist to the sweet,rather than making ladoo we made barfi …Just have a look …
We named it as Sesame Peanut Crunchie , here is the simple recipe for the sweet :
- 2-3 drops butter/oil
- Roast the sesame and peanut separately.
- Grind sesame and peanut separately,the particles should not be too small though ,it should be coarse.
- Caramelize the jaggery with little amount of water at low flame ,till it comes to one string consistency.
- Now,mix the caramelized Jaggery with sesame and peanut well .
- Grease a round plate with the butter/oil ,and add the mixture to the plate .
- Flatten the top with a knife ,and after 10-15 minutes ,make cuts in the plate in desired shape .
- Let it set overnight or 5-6 hours …
- Remove the Crunchie’s and store it in a container, relish with curd or as it is.
There is one more sweet ,we tried to make …
These are puffed rice ladoo ,well let me know,you liked it or not ,or if you would like to know the recipe for this…till then have fun 😀